Fullstack web developer with 5+ years experience designing, delivering and maintaining small to large scale websites and web apps in WordPress as well as a variety of other frameworks.
Having a design background, I care about crafting sites and apps with good user experience that excel in meeting their bottom line.
- Problem solving
- Eye for detail
08/2022 - Current
Accepted part-time remote contract with Like Minded, a learning solutions provider based in New Zealand.
08/2021 - 06/2022
Accepted a full-time remote contract with BitPrime, a Cryptocurrency retail and OTC exchange based in New Zealand.
- Reduced trading bot downtime from a couple of times per week to occasionally every few months.
- Redesigned and developed About page cutting design costs.
Sadly BitPrime was shut down in June 2022 due to a drastic drop in the crypto market. I held out hope BitPrime would land a contract to buy the business as a whole, but unfortunately could only secure a sale of its assets in July.
03/2021 - 08/2021
Started a Web development side hustle while working full-time for Barkers then Fairlie Bakehouse. From June 2021 I started developing my freelance business full-time.
While I had a few prospective clients, this was mostly a time of developing my business and technical skills.
- Learnt how to run Node.js and Python functions on AWS and Azure using the Serverless Framework
- Created a process to convert my resume page into a PDF using Playwright
- Gained client interest on a estimate converting a spreadsheet into a web app. (Which I had to turn down as it came after I had started a full-time contract for BitPrime)
01/2016 - 03/2021
Worked as fullstack web developer. Majority of time spent working on larger e-commerce sites and wordpress-based web applications.
Ran a couple of training sessions one on the basics of Git and the other on the basics of Wordpress' hooks system.
Learnt important lessons in pragmatism and objectivity when it comes to evaluating tools or methodologies.
- The design, build and maintenance of a wide variety of mostly PHP/WordPress-based websites and web applications
- Ran developer team workshops on Git and Wordpress Hooks
Yoobee - Diploma Web Development
02/2015 - 11/2015
Completed a Diploma in Web Development at Yoobee.
Gained knowledge in:
- web project planning skills like: competitor analysis, basics of SEO, site maps.
- server-side development technologies and principles: PHP, MySQL, OOP, MVC, database normalization.
- client side libraries and frameworks: jQuery, Angularjs and Bootstrap.
- WordPress plugin and theme development.
CPIT - CELTA
02/2014 - 11/2014
Completed CELTA, a certificate in English language teaching to adults, at CPIT (now Ara).
CPIT - Bachelor of Design
02/2008 - 12/2010
Bachelor of Design majoring in animation at CPIT (now Ara).
Learnt the foundations of graphic design and composition as well as the principles of animation and illustration. Also gained technical skills in digital 3D modelling and animation.
Skills I've used during my web development career:
- image manipulation
- gestalt principles
- 3D modelling
- the principles of animation
- Zend (1.1)
- Painting / Sketching
- Game development